The first "State of the Nation Address" (SONA) of President Benigno S. Aquino III or PNoy is originally in tagalog, here's the copy of english translation provided by Noynoy Media Bureau. The SONA was held in Batasang Pambansa Complex, Quezon City, July 26, 2010.
Categories: Social Issues Tags: Crooked Path, Diplomatic Corps, Fidel Valdez Ramos, Firm Grip, Forked Road, former presidents, Government Expenditure, Jejomar Binay, Joseph Ejercito Estrada, Juan Ponce Enrile, Members Of The House Of Representatives, pnoy, Political Considerations, President Juan, Public Servant, Quezon City, Senate President, SONA, state of the nation address, Straight Path, Sworn Oath
PGMA’s SONA (State Of the Nation Address) will be this coming Monday, July 28, 2008.
The President’s Ten-Point Agenda are as follows:
1. The creation of six million jobs in six years via more opportunities given to entrepreneurs, tripling of the amount of loans for lending to small and medium enterprises, and the development of one to two million hectares of land for agricultural business;
2. The construction of new buildings, classrooms, provision of desks and chairs and books for students and scholarships to poor families;
3. The balancing of the budget;
4. The “decentralization” of progress around the nation through the use of transportation networks like the roll-on, roll-off and the digital infrastructure;
5. The provision of electricity and water supply to barangays nationwide;
6. The decongestion of Metro Manila by forming new cores of government and housing centers in Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao;
7. The development of Clark and Subic as the best international service and logistic centers in the region;
8. The automation of the electoral process;
9. A just end to the peace process; and
10. A fair closure to the divisiveness among the Edsa 1, 2 and 3 forces.